Welcome to the Pharmacogenomics Research Network Community Forum!
As a first-time user, you may notice guides/alerts that popup as you begin to explore the forum site. These notes will automatically close after a short time, or you may close them manually. You can browse the forum without registering, but you must register to be able to post topics.
*Tips to look for specific items:
- Search the forum (hint: it’s the magnifying glass icon!)
- If you need further assistant or have specific questions that weren’t addressed in any FAQs topics please message a Moderator.
After logging in, you can access your user account by clicking on the top right icon on any forum page that has either your first name initial or your profile picture from the 3rd party apps; then click on the cogwheel icon immediately below the initial icon. You can click through the top Tabs as well as left Sidebar items to configure your account.
Reply to an existing Topic
Please review the Forum Navigation article to get familiar with the forum’s structure. When you find a topic of interest that you’d like to join in the conversation, look for the Reply buttons sprinkled throughout the Topic page:
- [Reply] in the corner of any post - clicking this means you will reply to this particular post, not to the Topic in general
- [Reply] using the button below the whole conversation/Topic - clicking this means you will reply to the Topic in general
- [Reply ] floating button below the rightmost vertical progress bar - this also means you will reply to the Topic in general
You can select specific text in the post to quote it in your response.
You can also mention certain user by typing @ before their username or full name if known, like this @thao.
Pasting a full URL to the body text will produce a box preview of the link, whereas adding link using the format icon will result in a text link.
Other Actions on PostsOn the bottom right of each post you will find a row of icons of actionable items. These include:
- to bookmark a post and save it on your own forum “Bookmarks” page (linked from forum homepage)
- to show an appreciative gesture toward the post’s author
- to share a link to the post through Twitter, etc. or start a new Topic from the post
- to flag a post due to its inappropriate content for a Moderator to review
- to edit post - only available if you are the author of the post
- to delete post - only available if you are the author of the post
Create your first Topic
Choose the best Category or Subcategory for your new topic by clicking on the name of a category or subcategory. Category names can be found in many places, e.g. on the forum homepage, the menu, under the Topic title on top of any post page, or within the Category drop-down button. If you are unsure or can’t find a pertinent category, please post to the “Other” catagory, and/or request a new category from the moderators (see below).
Once you arrive on a Category page that is relevant to your intended topic (recognizable by its designated-color banner), click on the floating red button [+] button. This will open a slide-up editor on the left side with a Preview window on the right - a welcome window may appear the first two times your try to post.
- follow Markdown syntax list to format your post with fancy options beyond the simple text formatting options provided in the user interface.
- click the share icon on any post to reveal the option to start a new Topic based on that post
*Tips: it’s helpful to choose a relevant category and add keyword tags to your topic to ensure that it can be easily found by right audience using the Tag filtering or Search functions the forum offers. If you’d like to request for a new Category please message a Moderator.
Follow a topic
You can follow and get notification on a Topic by clicking on the Post Tracking button either at the bottom of the conversation line…
…or under the rightmost vertical time line.
Updates will be sent out via email and via a bubble notification that will appear on your account avatar found at the top right corner of any forum page.